I am on a mission to learn Python programming. The need for learning Python is driven by the fact that I have just purchased a Raspberry Pi. I love the fact that a simple idea is the energy behind a revolution that can potentially be a major game changer in the IT industry. Just think about it – a combination of the ARM processor, Ubuntu Linux and Python – no junkware. There are similar devices that can practically do the same and more out of the box. Just like Apple, Raspberry Pi have captured the harts and minds of people.
By the way, it is those same kids from the 80’s that is the energy behind the revolution. Viva the children of the baby boomers.
In my venture to learn Python I came across MIT’s OpenCourseWare and the recommended GreenTeaPress.
- Green Tea Press: greenteapress.com
- MIT OpenCourseWare: http://ocw.mit.edu
- Raspberry Pi: raspberrypi.org
- Buy the Raspberry Pi: rs-components.com and adafruit.com
- Python programming language: python.org
- Free Ubuntu Linux operating system: ubuntu.com
- Free Oracle VirtualBox: virtualbox.org